Before sending me e-mail, please check this list to see if it answers your questions.
- Printed images turn out black. How to fix it?
Open Options dialog, and press "Color Setup" button. Either disable color profile associated with default printer, or try selecting different one.
- My antivirus scanner detected virus in ExifPro Setup.exe. Is it infected?
I use antivirus programs too, to make sure distributed software is clean. Most likely this is false alarm.
I report such incidents to AV product vendor, and within days ExifPro comes vindicated. If you have doubts, you may want to wait for updated AV database.
- Is there a version of ExifPro for Mac?
ExifPro is a Windows application, and I don't have any Mac OS version of it. If you boot your Mac into Windows OS, then you can use ExifPro just like any other Windows application.
- Does ExifPro use multicore processors efficiently?
ExifPro uses multiple threads of execution to speed up image scanning, decoding, and thumbnail sharpening. Multicore CPUs provide more responsive and faster UI.
- Does ExifPro decode/show GPS information embedded in photographs?
ExifPro decodes GPS information. It's available in a detailed view mode (Ctrl+2). Please select GPS columns in Options/Columns. Latitude/Longitude/Altitude are available.
- Rotating images/editing description fails. What should I do?
Please try to clear file cache: Options/Advanced Settigns Clear image cache file, and restart ExifPro.
- How to export photo metadata (GPS, shutter speed, aperture, etc.)?
Select Tools/Export EXIF Info... from main menu. What gets exported depends on what columns are selected in a details mode (Ctrl+2).
- How to reset all program settings?
Program settings are stored in a system registry. To reset them all one needs to delete
(or rename) "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MKowalski\ExifPro\2.0" key.
- My DVD player/digital picture frame doesn't read resized images.
In the Resize image dialog window expand advanced options, uncheck "Progressive" check box, check "Preserve EXIF"
- Does ExifPro use GPU to accelerate graphics?
ExifPro 2.0 uses Direct 2D library to speed up displaying of images in viewer window and preview panel.
GPU acceleration is only available in Windows 7 and Vista (with Platform Update installed on Windows Vista).
- Is there a 64-bit version of ExifPro available?
Yes, ExifPro 2.0 has two builds, x64 and x86. Installation program contains both. Setup will automatically select appropriate version based on your OS.
- Does ExifPro support XMP or IPTC metadata?
ExifPro supports both XMP, and IPTC metadata. Select photograph and press "File Info" button (F2) to examine its metadata.
- Panels alignment/location is not properly restored when restarting EP. How can I fix it?
This problem can happen if you keep EP window maximized. To fix it, first restore window (so it's not maximized), then resize it to take up almost all screen space, and close EP.
After starting EP again, you can resize panels the way you like, and maximize main window, if you so desire. Exit EP to let it store new layout.
- Toolbar in a viewer window shows up even though I hid it. Why?
In version 1.0 it's always on to show window close button. This behavior has been changed in EP 2.0.
For other questions please consult ExifPro User Manual.